Hello! I am an author, editor and concept developer with a focus on visual culture and technology, based in Berlin. I find it thrilling to watch how digital culture is changing our vision of the world. Data visualisation, interactive media and computational design are one focus of my work, but I also do research in the history of maps and diagrams.
I have published two books with art and design publisher TASCHEN which tackle the current burst in the field of information graphics and data visualisation. Occasionally I contribute to Süddeutsche Zeitung. For several years now I have worked in various teams for developing interactive and computational installations for exhibitions, mostly with TRIAD Berlin and ART+COM Studios.
My academic background is in art history and cultural theory. I regularly cooperate with the interface design programme at University of Applied Sciences in Potsdam, for instance by teaching a class on the history and theory of information visualisation. Apart from that, I regularly share my knowledge about data visualisation and interactive media as a consultant and trainer.
IN THE PRESS (selected)
- NZZ Format (SRF, 3sat): “Die Macht der Bilder – der Grafikboom” (October 13th, 2016)
- Monocle Radio Section D: “The rise of infographics” (Oct 7, 2014)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur: “Blick auf eine neue Kulturtechnik” (July 31st, 2012)
- El Pais Blog: “El poder de entender” (September 7th, 2012)
- ART Magazine Germany: Interview (May 29th, 2012)
- It’s nice that: Interview (May 14th, 2012)
- Brain Pickings: “Lessons in Conveying Complex Ideas with Simple Graphics from the World’s Best Information Designers” (May 1st, 2012)
- The Guardian Data Blog: “Infographics old and new: top data visualisations, in pictures” (March 16th, 2012)
GET IN TOUCH